Friday, January 11, 2008

The Ottawa Small Business Forum

Yesterday, I met with the organizer of The Ottawa Small Business Forum. This year the forum will be held on February 22nd at the Conference Centre. It is already their 4th edition and I have to say that I am quite impressed by the quality of their workshops; in addition, the keynote speaker will be Cora Tsouflidou, founder of the famous Cora's restaurant. At last year forum, around 250 guests were present to learned, get inspired and to also network amongst them. As a business lawyer, I meet entrepreneurs everyday, most of them are telling me that it is difficult to find people who understand their concerns and problems in business; well I strongly believe that these forums are a great place to meet new contacts, business associates and even recruit new members in your team. That being said, I strongly encourage entrepreneurs to attend this conference; it will allow you to meet your peers but most importantly to demonstrate that these kinds of forums and conferences are needed in the Ottawa region.

No comments: